Monday, April 9, 2012

Hannah's Hat

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I know my day was especially sensational but then any day I get to spend with my children and grandchildren or skype with my daughter is Okinawa, is a great day for me.


Since it's Monday, it's new challenge time at Squigglefly and this week Holley's Hobbyists are providing the inspiration for "Orange you glad I didn't say banana?", challenge! You have three choices, use something that's "punny" or use some fruit (in the image, in the embellishments anywhere and any fruit) OR use the color scheme orange and yellow. I used the sweet image, Hannah's Hat by Marla Shega from Squigglefly. Being the mother of three daughters (and two sons) when they were toddlers, each of them wore sunglasses, indoors and outdoors, for a short time until they were too scratched or broke, so this image brings back to me many fond memories! 


Have you signed up for One-a-Day-in-May? If not, you should!!





15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Tammy, I like the image and the hot summer colours,
    glad to hear you had a great time with family.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, love the fab image....great colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous design with this awesome image, Tammy!! I love that sweet baby in her sunglasses and hat with the big blossom so perfectly colored by your talented hand!! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome design and awesome image Tammy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card Tammy! I love the way you cut the sentiment all wavy. The flowers are great too - they fit in perfectly with the big flower on her hat! I'm glad to hear you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bright colors and your shading of the shirt is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this image and you've colored her wonderfully. Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, isn't she adorable in her big hat and sunglasses....I got two of my little granddaughers sunglasses for their Easter baskets....how fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a nice and cheerful card. I can't believe how you colored this image. This is a real image (not a cartoon). Awesome.
    (I could never do that!) :)
    I'm glad you had a very nice Easter with Family, Tammy!!!
    All the best!
    N

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely reminisce to go with your card today Tammy. And is it summer yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so cute and pretty! Love the yellow and orange and the image is fantastic! Wonderful! My kiddos did the same thing wearing those glasses! They did have fun though.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember wearing a hat very similar to this one~ I love this card! Such fun and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again, fantastic job on colouring Tammy! What a great card for this week's Squigglefly challenge! This is sure to inspire . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!