Friday, April 6, 2012

The Doodlebuns Maude

When you see a woman fold her arms tightly across her chest, you know she's angry and you better get out of her way! Such is the case with The Doodlebuns Maude, from Just Inklined. She's just had a spat with hubby and naturally, she won! To remind him of her being right and his error, she commissioned this portrait of herself and it hangs in their parlor with a little plaque that states,  "A woman always has the last word in an argument. Anything a husband says after that is considered a new argument!" Maybe having such a portrait and plaque might be something for all women to consider, it would make a lovely wedding gift for a bride to give her groom or a mother-in-law to her new son-in-law! Perhaps the best solution would be a tattoo that simply states, wife is always right! 

17 comments:

  1. Who would dare argue with her? I wouldn't! She's a pistol! Your coloring, as always, is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he how true!!! its brilliant darlin, have a happy easter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a couple of skirmishes this morning Tammy I am most definitely laughing out loud! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Tammy,love the sentiment...Happy Easter.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Tammy....good for a chuckle! Happy Easter.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sentiment and you coloring is gorgeous. Those Maude images are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Card - I think this may have been a picture of me. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy - this character is GREAT! You did a fab job with her too. That sentiment never work for me - my DH always gets the last word unless he falls asleep during the argument - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Men always let woman have the last word lol its the only way to shut them up ha ha ha,I will admit My wife is normally right, she is so clever thats why she married me lol great fun card Tammy, I dont think I would want to argue with her.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - gotta love Maude!! Fantastic card :D

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea of the gift to the new son in law - ROFL! the image is hilarious and love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen! LOL!
    Love the image and your cute card Tammy! Great use of the little gemstones too. Precious!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sure wish I didn't resemble this lady quite sooooooo much!! Fun card with these patterned papers and scattering of gems!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...I'd let her win the argument, too...LOL!!! She is adorable and colored beautifully...love the sentiment, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this image.
    I love that little die cute- It is very unique looking and adds a lot to the card (along with the bling).
    you did a great job with Maude!!!!

    (Love your cards, Tammy!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too funny Tammy, and SO TRUE! Maude definitely looks like she got the last word. Lol Great coloring accentuating her curves. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!